First, I’d like to thank the very lovely Jill for the nomination. Receiving the notification really made my day, as our family is currently grieving from a loss of a relative…I hope it’s okay if I copy your definition of this award, because I really had no idea it exists until today. 😀
The word “Liebster” originates from the German word “liebste” which means “dearest”. The origin of this award is unknown, although several posts have suggested a German blog. The rules of this award had changed over the years although the underlying goal remains the same: to bring attentions to blogs that have not been discovered yet. In 2010, the rule was to pick 3-5 blogs that have less than 3,000 readers but recently, you list 10 blogs with less than 200 subscribers.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Create 10 questions of your own.
- Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
These are Jill’s questions:
1. What is the inspiration behind your blog name and title?
~My blog name JC Bride is just a combination of my initials, and what I am aspiring to be — a bride. Funny yes, but it’s the truth. At 25, I’m now having doubts if I’ll ever be one. It can also mean “the Bride of Jesus Christ,” owing to my Christian roots and beliefs.
As for my blog title (The Story Within A Story), it somehow tells how I wanted my posts to be. I’ve fallen in love with writing since high school, and my favorite things to write have always been stories written in different formats. I do believe that we don’t write just out of the blue. There’s always a story behind every word we share in our pages. That no matter how hard you try to mask or conceal the truth, the real story will somehow still show.
2. What is the one quality you notice about people?
~ I hope you don’t think weirdly of me, but I can somehow sense if a person has good motives or not. I’m a very quiet person, but reading people has been one of my habits. Don’t worry, I keep my assessments to myself.
3. What is the favourite post that you’ve written and why? (Link please!)
~ I think my favorite so far is The Tweak Fairy, which I wrote last September for Daily Prompt. It’s my favorite because I really fell in love with how the post turned out. It somehow speaks strongly of how I feel about love – something that is not rushed, but is sure.
4. Why did you start blogging?
~ Because I needed to channel my emotions. I write to give justice to my feelings.
5. What is your favourite quote and why?
~ My favorite “quote,” is found in the Bible, the foundation of my faith:
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For theLord your God is with you wherever you go.”
6. Do you believe in love at first sight?
~ Unfortunately, I fell in love with the one who currently holds my heart at first sight, so I have to say “yes” here.
7. What is the strangest dream you have?
~ I have a posted a story in ReadWave about this very weird dream that I had. You may read it here: http://www.readwave.com/subconscious_s14221
8. What is your ideal job?
~ Sitting by the window while I write a novel which people are anticipating to read.
9. If you had superpowers for a day, what would you want to do?
~ I want to be a Tweak Fairy and give true love a chance.
10. If you could, would you travel back in time to undo some of your mistakes?
~ This sounds so much like the movie “About Time.” My answer would be No. I wouldn’t even take the opportunity to travel back in time. I am what I am today because of what happened in the past. If I haven’t made those mistakes, I wouldn’t be as strong, and as wise, as I am today.
Now, these are my questions:
1. If you were given a chance to give life to an inanimate object, what would it be and why?
2. How has your favorite food contributed to who you are now?
3. How will you convince me buy a dog for a pet?
4. What is your favorite song of the Backstreet Boys and why?
5. Peanut Butter or Cookie Butter?
6. What aspect of your life are you most thankful for?
7. Head or Heart?
8. Name your favorite book. What important lesson did you learn from it?
9. Would you try to save a drowning man?
10. What advice would you give to a 25 year-old lady, a.k.a. me?
And my nominees are:
1. Something http://stuckmewithasickness.wordpress.com/
2. Self Satisfaction http://trevorcaswell.wordpress.com/
3. His unfailing love http://godsunfailinglove.wordpress.com/
4. Saved Because of His Mercy http://titus3.wordpress.com/
5. The Talking Fish http://thetalkingfish.com/
6. Everyday Snippets http://everydaysnippetsofberna.wordpress.com/
7. Blossoms In Her Hair http://blossomsinherhair.wordpress.com/
8. eruebordallo’s Blog http://eruebordallo.wordpress.com/
9. Nerdy Woman http://nerdywoman.wordpress.com/
10. Rejoice, Beloved http://rejoicebeloved.wordpress.com/